Learn more about joining the C&C Reading Farm team! We have a range of seasonal opportunities, listed below.
2018 Farm Positions
Positions at C&C Reading Farm:
Experience farm life and enjoy the benefits of its bounty. We seek individuals who are hardworking, responsible, motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated, and eager to learn. Jobs are seasonal and hours vary. All of our employees are trained in food safety plan principles and follow GAP (Good Agricultural Practices).
- Farm Stand Worker (June – October) – Staffs the Farm Stand. Responsibilities include customer service, displaying, stocking, and marketing produce and product. Good knowledge of and enthusiasm about food and food issues a plus. Retail experience preferred. Must be courteous, respectful, outgoing, willing to take on a task, have a good personality, and be good with people. POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED
- General Farm Worker (April – October) – Responsibilities include planting, weeding, harvesting, washing and packing of produce. Must be efficient, competent, and most importantly have a good attitude and desire to contribute to the overall farm mission. 3 POSITIONS OPEN
- Floral & Herb Arranger (June – September) – Responsibilities include cutting and arranging cut flower bouquets. 1 POSITION OPEN
- Delivery Driver (July – October) – Job consists of three days per week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, approximately four hours per day. Must have a good driving record and be able to help load and unload truck. Great job for a dependable retiree or an individual who needs extra income. Individual must be committed to these hours and our team. 1 POSITION OPEN
2018 Corn Maze Positions at C&C Reading Farm
We are looking for friendly, honest, and energetic individuals to work our seasonal corn maze. Jobs are part-time, beginning in September and lasting through the end of October.
- Greeter (September – October) – Greets the customers with a smile and make them feel welcome. Provides guests with directions and other venue information. Helps enhance the customers experience.
- Grain Train and Hay Wagon Operator (September – October) – Operates farm tractors, interacts with and assists guests on and off rides, conducts tractor inspections, and ensures the safety of our guests.
- Parking Attendant (September – October) – Provides parking instruction, guidance, and assistance to guests as they arrive. Allows or disallows access into fields.
- Corn Cop (September – October) – Patrols the maze and provides assistance and security to our maze patrons while they are inside the maze. Should become very familiar with the layout and operation of the inside of the maze.
- Cashier (September – October) – Checks out customers with accuracy, knows the cash register, and gives correct change – always remembering to smile. Must be able to multitask and take direction well. Customer service, efficiency, and friendliness is important in this job.
Past seasons we have had the pleasure of giving students from Silver Lake Regional High School (Future Farmers of America horticulture program) the opportunity to gain hands on experience working on the farm. The carpentry students were responsible for building our packing shed and resurfaced our farm stand tables in compliance with good agricultural practices.
The positions at C&C Reading Farm also provide an opportunity to earn hours for community service.
Join Our Team!
If you are interested in joining our team please download, complete, and submit an application.
Please submit your completed application to:
Mail: P.O. Box 74, Bryantville, MA 02327